I have been busy creating delicious recipes for Medibank’s Be Magazine here is one of the fresh dishes you can whip up easily by following the instructions below!
A deliciously light and colourful salad bowl recipe, perfect for lunch or dinner, bright with the flavours of beetroot, sweet potato and avocado.
Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Sugar Free | Nut Free | Vegan
½ packet vermicelli noodles
½ medium sized continental cucumber
1 medium sized carrot
½ red capsicum
½ Hass avocado
½ sweet potato
2 handfuls of mixed lettuce
Fresh sprouts to garnish
2 tablespoons tahini
1 garlic clove crushed
½ lemon juice
1 teaspoon cracked pepper
Herbal salt to taste
Fresh dill and chives
Splash of water if needed (for consistency)
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil, then add noodles. They will cook quite quickly (around 5 minutes)
2. Drain noodles and set aside.
3. Blend all sauce ingredients until smooth and place in a small dish
4. Boil the sweet potato and beetroot until cooked, allow to cool.
5. Prepare vegetables. Cut cucumber, carrot, capsicum and sweet potato into stalks. Slice sweet potato, beetroot and avocado.
6. Fill two bowls with fresh mixed lettuce leaves. Arrange ingredients on top, serve with herbed tahini sauce and enjoy.