ULTIMATE HEALTHY VEGGIE BURGER
• gluten free • vegan • nut free • soy free • fructose friendly •
This Veggie Burger is crispy on the outside, succulent and textured on the inside, combined with delicious tahini sauce and ripe avocado – this recipe is the ultimate plant based burger!
For the Veggie Burger (makes 4!)
2 cups of roast veggies of choice, we suggest beetroot & sweet potato (check out the previous recipe called (Rainbow Roast Veggies) for roasting instructions)
1 cup quinoa (cooked as per packet)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 ‘flax’ egg (mid 1 tbsp flax seeds with 2tbsp water)
1 tsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (for the outside)
1/2 tsp Paprika Spice
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Pinch of cracked pepper
For the Dressing
2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
3 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
1 ripe avocado (cut into slices)
1 bunch of fresh herbs of choice, finely chopped
1 cup of kale chopped, massaged kale (tear the leaves off the stems and chop the leaves then massage (that’s right, literally massage the in a mixture of olive oil & lemon juice)
Bun of choice (we used a gluten free sourdough bun)
1. Preheat the oven at 175°C/357°F.
2. Prepare all ingredients, cook quinoa, make flax egg mixture, massage kale (as per instructions on ingredients list)
3. Place the roast veggies, cooked quinoa, flax egg mixture, coconut oil (melted if you’re living in a cold climate) pinch of salt, paprika spice, cayenne pepper, cracked pepper, chia seeds, fresh dill & basil into a food processor and combine, slightly, you still want your mixture to have texture!
3. With slightly wet hands, shape the burgers into flat circles (this mixture makes 4!)
4. Using a frying pan, heat olive oil on a medium heat, add burger patties and cook until golden, flip and repeat on the opposite side, adding a touch more olive oil if necessary.
5. Assemble your veggie burgers, start by spreading Tahini on the bun base, add the kale, the burger patty, extra fresh herbs, avocado slices and put the bun on top!
— view on Instagram http://ift.tt/2l91hq1